View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 06:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

ElChupacabra in regards to being depressed, alcohol is a depressant, the crazy thing is when we quit drinking we become even more depressed, I feel that the main reason is drinking for me was the solution for life, when I quit drinking I had no solution for anything, as a result I became extremely depressed.

As far as sobriety goes I have found doing nothing, aka "Just not drinking" made my life a living hell, I needed solutions for things and the only solution I knew was drinking, so there I sat, wanting a drink so bad, doing NOTHING except not drinking.

I did find a solution for life and people to help support me and guide me in AA. I can tell you that the first 10-15 AA meetings I went to I got very little out of except some relief from the insanity while I was in a meeting or talking to an AA person on the phone.

The solution I found in the 12 steps AA which are the program of AA which my sponsor took me through, I found Experience, Strength, & Hope in the fellowship of AA in applying those 12 steps to my every day life. I also found friends & people who were there for me no matter what! These people accepted me for who I was no matter what.

Have you tried AA or any other recovery program?

What ever program you may have chosen did you WORK it daily every day for 90 days?

Sobriety is an ACTION deal, not an inaction of simply not drinking, you see those who have found recovery have taken a great deal of actions to recover, they did not simply not drink, we have found that drinking is but a symptom of our problems, not our sole or even main problem.