View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 05:06 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Lilyflower
Recovering Codependant

Originally Posted by Kassie2 View Post
I can only validate your experience as everyone else has pretty much done already.
Hit the nail right on the head Kassie... 'validate your experience'. I believe this is what every poster on this board wants and our As keep us in constant torment by withholding this emotional right from us.

It seems so obvious how harsh and hurtful our partner can be that it is baffling that they deny or refuse to accept their part. I spent so long believing that my abf couldn't understand my reality because of his addiction, his mother, his bad day, his childhood and on and on. I spent a lot of time trying to explain it better because when he finally understood how much it hurt me, he would see the error of his ways and be remorseful and it would begin to heal.

My freedom from this hook came the day I validated my own experience. With help and support from friends here and through reading and 'reaching out' into the printed word; I acknowledged for myself the chaos and pain that my life had become. I didn't need his validation any longer and the rest happened very quickly, my recovery journey took off at full speed.

Mentallyexh, I am happy that you are fueling your own journey right now, I think 2010 will be a great year for you

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx