Old 01-03-2010, 12:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Horselover

I am a stay at home mom too. I had to change my routine around. Your DOC is pills right? Mine is alcohol or wine to be precise. I had to not be around the kitchen between 4 to 6 pm and that is as difficult as difficult can be. Well for the first week I managed that and then the second week I cooked breakfast for dinner because that didn't punch any craving buttons for me. Drinking wine with pancakes was a stretch for even me. I eventually kept mixing things up until I could finally be around the kitchen at that time and I was okay. I also posted and posted and pm'd friends around here too. I made it my mantra "I will do anything but pour that stuff into my body again."

So you see what I am getting at is that you must change things in order to make it. I eventually stopped the white knuckling and starting reading and meditating. Meditation can help you through the anxiety. Change also has to come from the inside too, but at first I worked on getting rid of the compulsion and then and still am working on the mind.

Have you consulted a doctor because you really should?