Thread: appreciation
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 06:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
gerryP

Do you have a time frame figured out as to when you *can* get serious about this? Today is always a good day. Which of my 'points" did you you like the best and agree you implementing...*Implementing* being the operative word.

Get rid of "the many people in your life that drink and whatever" if only temporarily and surround yourself with people in active recovery. AA is a good place to find those kinds of people. You have mentioned a number of times that you liked AA and got a lot of it. Is that the truth? because I'm at a loss as to why you are avoiding it now and no, it's not because you've been too busy, well maybe...but not constructively busy.

I *know* it's difficult* my friend. I've been there and done that and even have a Tee shirt that says so.

Yes you have decisions to make Dubs and that isn't the first time I've read that comment. What's the decision to make? Are you on the fence about getting and staying sober? Is it which strategy to implement? Is the decision *when*? Do you even know what the decisions are that you have to make? What are you doing know? This isn't difficult Dubs, or it doesn't have to be. it is *YOU* that's making it difficult. The only thing standing in your way is YOU.