View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 01:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((Jacksdaughter))) - I was talking to one of my manager's, who is also my friend, about my niece one day. She's 16 and gets away with murder at home, but at work, is totally responsible, and excellent employee and wouldn't DREAM of whining or complaining like she can do at home. My mgr said "they do what they can get away with".

I've often said that teenagers and addicts (and I'm an RA) act a lot alike. An A WILL do whatever they can get away with. If they can live off of you and keep using...they'll do it as long as they can.

I know it's sad and it hurts, but I think you did the right thing. I know that if I were to relapse, I will be kicked out of my home...no questions asked. Heck, if I even ACT like I'm using, I'm in big trouble! I'm way older than your son, and living at home thanks to the financial and career mess I got myself into by using, but I'm expected to work, pay bills and contribute to the family. I don't like it? I'm welcome to leave. Thank God I have enough brain cells left to know how fortunate I am

Hang in there...you're doing the most loving thing you can do, IMO.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy