Thread: Symptoms
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 10:40 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

Yer man that feeling of uprising anxiety was what just made me reach the point where I said I just cannot do this anymore. I guess people who ain't been through it themselves just couldn't understand.

I remember my worst ever withdrawl/hangover/comedown all too well. I still didn't get to where I am now ie- sobriety, untill 8 months later and being off and on and then off and on quitting booze and drugs.

I remember saying to my mother who witnessed me writhing in bed in absolute mental torture that I wouldn't wish what I was feeling upon my worst enemy. The vomitting is one thing but it was the racing, hideous thoughts and the upwelling of anxiety as my mind raced saying I was gonna die that was the worst. I really think that I couldn't have put up with many more of them and thats why I'm where I am now really. I'm glad I took lots of drugs on my binges as they made the severity of my comedowns/hangover/withdrawl so much worse and speeded up the process for me saying I just can't keep doing this anymore.

I have upmost respect for alkies who go on for years daily drinking as I could have never have gotten to that stage, I would have left this planet long before then as I just couldn't cope.

Hope you're feeling better soon man.

peace x