Thread: New to SR
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 05:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
InsideOut
Living in the moment!

New to SR

I just want to start posting and reaching out!! I have been reading posts for several days and feel some real sobriety here!!! Something I am wanting more then ever today!!

I have been in and out of AA over the past 10 years, only reaching 6 mths sobriety on 2 occasions. I spent 30 days in a treatment center last November in the US only to start drinking a few months later. I felt so positive and motivated in the center but did not follow through with a good support program, aftercare and I could not find a sponsor. I live in the Middle East so when I returned home to my husband, there was not ANY support. I have attended a couple AA meetings here, they were OK, very small....only 6-8 people.

I have recently been studying the bible with a new friend, which she was a life coach for many years and she is willing to help me in any way she can. She gives me homework assignments and she wants to learn how to be a sponsor! She really gives me hope and she doesn't judge me. It is very difficult for me to believe that she would give of her time so freely but she just keeps giving.

I know I can NOT do this alone. I hope to restore my relationship with God and reach out to all available resources so I can finally live happy, joyous and free!!

Thanks for reading and I hope to learn more about each of you!!

Hugzzzzzzzzz