View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 04:17 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
LKKPA
LKKPA

I had to work tonight...sounds crazy but I am a bartender! For some reason working in an upscale hotel bar on NYE was not a temptation for me whatsoever!! My problem with drinking was always at home alone. However, I am 50 days sober now and am finding I really don't miss it all that much. The thing I miss is when friends call and want to go have a drink or when I go on a date etc. But I will learn to handle that I'm sure with time. This was the first holiday season in 10 years that I didn't drink. All I could think of while at work tonight is that I was glad I'm sober and not acting like all the obnoxious drunks that were there. I am more serious about my recovery than ever before and am taking it one day at a time and each day seems to be getting better. The depression I was experiencing before Christmas seems to have lifted and I am wondering if it was more because of the season rather than with my not drinking. I think I am going to like this recovery thing!! Just going to keep on keeping on. I hit a few meetings last week and got a sponsor!! All is good. I am thankful for this forum. Happy New Years everyone!! Ü