Thread: Nye
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 07:27 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
lionheart
20/12/09

Ok so update for those lovely enough to care and write on my post:

NYE, well, I had about 10 people here, most drank solidly. I had my plan in place and walked around most of the night with either the coke zero or chupa chup in hand/mouth. Between trying to cool down, be a host, and organising things, it wasnt until about 10.30 I reliased I had got through that much without a drink.

One person told me to have 2 and then stop and I said - thats the point, if I have one, I wont and will never just stop at 2, that politely shut them up. I dont want others to now bash down this person, we have been friends for years and doesnt understand (well didnt understand) the importance of this because I had not explained it. They now know and understand AND support it. I made sure I was still the life of the party by dancing and having fun, just this time without alcohol.

I went to a meeting on Wednesday night which actually scared me a bit more because the things I heard ALOT were relapses and I was like, oh shyte, what chance do I have. I was worried all day that I would not be able to do it.

I DID IT

I woke up, for the first time, in a very long time, without a hangover or blackout, guilt, remorse, embarrassment or any of those things.

For this being my very first serious attempt at kicking this thing, I am VERY proud of me. Ive tried before to cut down and out but never taken it serious like this and I have managed 12 days, and not easy ones but managed.

Today, I know, I am capable to do this and so very excited about the (hard) long road in front of me.

Today is a good day, I am blinded by it, but excited at having more good days rather than bad.

WOOHOO FOR ME

Rach

PS I just spoke as I thought and not going back over it so if it doesnt make sense or repeated, just ignore it haha