View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 08:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BreakinPoint

I dont know where else to turn...

Okay, here goes... Im a Newby to Recovery, im just the one one the other side. My boyfriend has now been sober for 13 months. We had many rough times, until HE was ready to make a change. At first, he was wonderful, spiritual, and positive. He was going to meetings regularly (he did a 90/90 after rehab). Well after that was up, he started going less and less. Now he may only go once a week. I have seen many changes in him over the last 2 months. He is very negative and angry. He always seems like he is annoyed with me, snaps at me, very defensive, etc. I cant even begin to talk to him about what is going on because he just snaps at me. He seems very unhappy and he just wont admit it. I guess Im looking for someone to tell me what is going on with him? Why is he so angry? And what can I do to get him to open up to me? I also have concern about his recovery, and often wonder "is he in RECOVERY or just ABSTAINING?". He has not gone through his 12 steps nor has he ever had a sponsor. Shouldn't he at least have a sponsor? I know he still struggles with the urge to have a drink and he doesnt discuss it with anyone.