Thread: Recovery
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 05:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jgull2010

Recovery

Hi all,

(try # two to post this. )

Hope this is the appropriate forum. I came across a website just before Christmas that was about "Cognitive Recovery". It seems to encompass techniques from AA, RR, CBT, and so on. There is a book that goes with it and I bought it/read it. I'm pretty enthused with this at the moment. I've used the AVRT technique of RR for a long time but Cognitive Recovery seems to explain a lot more clearly. The guy who wrote the book seems to have designed CR as a secular recovery program but doesn't have any problem with people using their personal religion if they are religious. Pretty open ended all around. I like the focus on CBT and mindfulness especially. I've used a lot of his techniques all along in one form or another but I like the way it all fits together in his book.

Seems like a pretty new program. I'm enthused but also wondering why I haven't come across it before. But, the forums ARE empty so I'm guessing the book got published recently. Oh, it is copyrighted this year so yeah, recent. The guy who wrote it is obviously "one of us". Might be worth a look see! Cognitive Recovery - Addiction / Alcoholism Recovery

J.

ps:
Yay! A single word for title did the trick.