View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 04:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ba Ba Oreilley

how is my life better now that i'm sober?

well..................
i haven't been arrested in 6 1/2 years, matter of fact, i haven't ben unemployed for in 6 1/2 years either? hmmmmm, coincidence?

i have many friends today, although, i think i had many friends when i was drinking also, but it's hard to tell because NONE of them call anymore? the friends i have in sobriety call daily.

i can socialize today, without the aid of a magical elixir, and when i do socialize, i remember with whom i did, and i have no regrets for the most part, about what i might say or do.

i can talk to anyone about anything today, or better yet, i can listen to others, when i was drinking it was me me me me, and of course me! LOL

i can actually meet and talk to women today, and not have to take them home, unless of course they need a ride, and actually want to talk to them again, and see them.

i don't have to worry about detoxing, or having people ask me to stop drinking.

but those are just the things you pointed out, that was an easy answer.

in all honesty, today i have a purpose in life. i never had that when i was drinking. i know it might sound silly to some, but i have a god in my life today, without all the religious rules and regulations attached. i have people that i care for in my life, nd they care for me. things i never had when drinking, when i drank people only cared about what i had, not me.

the best thing is............

i actually look forward to time alone today, just quiet time for me. no tv, no computer, no books, no radio, nothing. just me and my thoughts. i'm never bored, my life is too full today.

thanks for asking the questing and having me take time out to remember these things!