View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 04:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hevyn
Community Greeter

Hi hansen. Glad to see you here. Was there a reason you quit - other than the gf asking you to?

I do understand what you mean. I spent a few months feeling a little bored too, but in my case I was just so glad to be alive. I was dangerously close to losing my life due to 24/7 drinking. It sounds like you were nowhere near that stage & you can still rationalize why it might be ok to start up again. Would you ever reach that dangerous point that I did though? As TTOSBT mentioned, alcoholism is a progressive disease. At some point you'll become tolerant of those amounts you're drinking and will need more to achieve the same effect. (I remember getting high off 2 beers in the beginning.)

If you decide to pick up again, it's possible your drinking could reach the point mine did down the line. It sounds as if you were dependent on it to feel good about your life. I think you should try to sort out what is lacking. For me, I did stupid, unpredictable & dangerous things when I drank & I can never go back there again.