View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 04:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
TTOSBT
To Thine Own Self Be True

i could tell you a thousand ways that my life is better. But then, I was miserable depending on alcohol every day.

Truly, it does not seem like you were miserable drinking, sounds like you are miserable being sober.
So you have a couple of choices....
You can sit and do a little work. Really look at all the ways that your life suffered as a result of your drinking. That is, have you lost relationships, jobs, money, homes, self respect, dignity, peace, happiness as a result of your drinking? (Sometimes I need to sit and play the tape all the way through because I can romanticize my drinking as I get farther away from my last drink. But alas, there was nothing romantic about the way I drank. ,) So if you find that you can not be happy with or without alcohol, you might be one of us. If so, you need to search for a new way of life and a new happiness. I found that in working the steps and the fellowship of AA. Many others find it in other programs.

Or...you can go back out and drink. But I can tell you that it will not get better. Drinking is progressive and potentially fatal. Be careful out there.

If you are okay to be completely dependent on a destructive substance in order to be happy and complete, then I guess I wish you luck.