Thread: 1YearGypsyFeet!
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 02:02 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Gypsy Feet
mergirl

Thanks everyone! If there are any newcomers that have read all the way to the end of this thread, you can do it! I came to SR with the tag "uglyeyes". I was absolutely drowning in shame and despair. I could not look in a mirror, talk to my daughter, or even see my mothers name come up on the cell without crying. I quit drinking to punish myself, and to punish alcohol, the "friend" who betrayed me. I never thought I would find miracles, and light, and friendship, and tingles!! Recovery has wormed its way through every aspect of my life, and I feel like I live on a whole different plane of existence today. I made it 8 months or so using SR and books from the library, and became so addicted to the healing energy found in recovery, that I joined AA just to get a bigger fix.

It is my opinion that the universe is not random, and that what ever force there is unseen is benevolent and there for us to tap in to. What worked for me was deciding I WAS DONE, and coming up with a version of a higher power that worked for me, that I could lean on and trust the way I used to lean on and trust alcohol.

Do what ever it takes. Start on the road to wellness, you will never be sorry you did.