Old 12-28-2009, 12:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
yeahgr8

Well not too disimilar family thing for me either, i certinaly have never felt a part of it which is ok now and i have begun to accept that with the help of the program.

Now i would say i belong here in society with every other person that is on this planet, im not different to anyone really...sure im an alcoholic and havent matured emotionally since about 14 (well maybe 9?!) but i can work on that.

I was walking round barcelona today and i certainly dont feel different anymore nor do i feel alone, if i am lost i ask someone for directions, if i want to know where something is at a new gym i ask, when i went to the gym yesterday i didnt feel like everyone was staring at me...i just belonged there cos i went for a workout.

This does not take away the fact that i sometimes feel nervous about things and unsure at the same time (well not always immediately but i do them) but i go and do those things anyway now whereas before i would not have done any of them...a way to go in some areas but am working on them daily so all good.

Before i felt like i didn't belong anywhere at all, hence the isolating...at the end i didn't even belong at the worse of the worse bars...ah the good old days lol