Thread: Nye
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 01:46 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
lionheart
20/12/09

Originally Posted by lagirl310 View Post
Yay! Not only did I make it through my poker game today, but I went to a crazy party last night where wine was flowing. I wasn't really tempted to drink at either of them. The party was kind of sad because everyone was drinking but me. They started drinking at 5:00p. We played some games which was really fun! And then started a movie. Most of them passed out by 10:00p before it was over. It made me really happy to not be in those shoes anymore.
Wow - awesome for you! That is massive girl! Well done Sounds like you are enjoying it too!

[/QUOTE]The poker game was a bit different. Everyone was so loud and even though there were only a few people drinking, the ones who were were drinking a lot. It was kind of embarrassing for them. Did that used to be me? Oy. The only thing is, I got such a headache from listening to them all day that by the time I got home I really thought a drink might help sooth me. But I came to the message boards instead. :-) And now I'm going to bed sober and getting up for a hike in the morning. Weeee! [/QUOTE]

Another woohooo for you! You sound so confident now, especially compared to a few days ago - I wonder if thats what others say about the fog clearing and being clear headed?! I had the same kind of experience today with a family member getting smashed at our Christmas (yes Sunday, few days later to not be too busy for us all) and he looked like an idiot and I truly thought to myself, well last year I was with him, does that mean I was being an idiot too? I dont use the word idiot easily either, but it was strange thats for sure. And I understand the headache, its like at the moment, I dont mind noise but quieter places just seem easier!

[/QUOTE]Anyway, I feel completely confident that I can handle New Years Eve and I'm really looking forward to going out on the boat, which is something I dearly love.

How you doing, Lion?[/QUOTE]

WOOHOO, NYE here you come! Dont you love it when you get the confidence to re-do the things you love?!

Me? well, i am doing quite well, still no drinking. I have been tempted quite a few times and find its harder at night when I am less distracted. I am so very lucky that I have a VERY supportive partner who listens when I say I am tempted and chats to me about why I feel that way, how can we deal with it together, is there anything they can do for me etc...VERY LUCKY!

I think, the last 3 days have been around alcohol alot, and while tempted, didnt do it. I really do know that I am stubborn either way, all or nothing kind of mentality which is kind of good right now.

I have moment of confidence and moments of doubt. Today, I really feel like I am just a heavy drinker who can control all of this and from reading all the posts, I think that is wrong to think that but not sure because I am still on the path of discovering at what level I am at and what rings true for me. My head still doesnt stop but yet again, today was a day I didnt drink and that in itself is fantastic - tomorrow is a new day

Take care