View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 03:14 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
honeyTrappe

Yay! That's awesome ND, I'm so glad you've been going along so well (((xx)))

You will def get thru new years sober now I reckon, because you've got thru xmas and won't want that all to be for nothing and go and blow it ... if you had've drunk over xmas no chance you would have got thru new years! Go and discover a whole new side of the festival atmosphere, the natural surroundings, and music appreciation :-)

Someone was sharing at the meeting last night about how much they enjoy going to live music now in sobriety, I totally relate. For one I would never spend good drinking money on a band let alone buying alcohol in town (when i could get trollied at home on $20!) I couldn't actually enjoy anything before unless I was drinking. But now I can, and I remember it all, dance better without falling over (mostly, hehe) don't embarrass myself ... but most of all just the sheer joy I feel in the music itself, it lifts me up ... it really gives me a high! But it's all natural, the way humans endorphins etc are supposed to operate. Highly recommend

Anyways, Hi everyone I'm new to the forums here ... been sober about 2 1/2 yrs and loving it. I am the friend ND has talked about :-) ... thought I'd sign up since it seems to be helping him so much. I cant always get along to as many meetings as I'd like because of kids/baby sitters etc so this seems like a good place for a bit of extra fellowship and recovery talk.

~Honey~