Old 12-26-2009, 01:39 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
shockozulu
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Tyler, congrats on the 8 months. I don't count days or keep track either. Its actually a trigger for me.

gneiss, sorry about your Christmas Eve day. I am glad to read your roommate is seeking help.

Our big holiday gift this year was the fact our home is beginning to have peace restored. For a long while, I didn't know if that would happen. Second gift in line is our Netflix. We don't have much money this year, no real gifts for the first time in my life, but my sister and I have each other and our friendship. This is a very big deal as our friendship was pushed beyond the breaking point this year by MANY different factors including, but not limited to: 2 family deaths,distant but stable (age 101) family member in stage 4 hospice, forced move after 17 years in same home, cat passed on, her graduation and leaving school, home threatened by fire and forced evacuation for several days, and so much more.

That's why I'm not on so much lately. It is my time to work on helping to stabilize our new home.

Great story to share with you all. This happened last night.

Sis: You haven't shut up about that new Star Trek movie since you mailed it back. If it was that good, why didn't you watch it again? I would have loved to see it.
Me: I did mention it, you didn't express interest.
Sis: Well, now that you keep talking about it like no tomorrow, I want to see it. Do you want to see it again?*
Me: Yeah, I'll move it to the top of the Netflix queue.

*this is the key phrase. She wants to see it with ME, not alone. and it is a Star Trek movie! YEAH!!!

Thanks all for reading my long post.