View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 01:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
uscphil

I apologoze for double post but coudnt figure how

Originally Posted by uscphil View Post
It take every ounce of strength to type here. If anyone out there could tell me day 3 is even slightly better.
I just wanted to say day 3 was a godsend for anyone else wising to cold turkey quit like I did. I followed some of that Thomas Recipe but the key ingredient I should not have left off was the immodium. I have never had a problem with diarreah but that is what caused the worst of it. I was so weak and if I would have gotten a good sleep it probably would have been much easier but it seemed like every hour I was literally stumbling into walls trying to get to the bathroom.

I also did not do the L-Tysine I think itwas called because I also take Prozac for depression and thought it might inteact wrongly.

I also read after wards to stay up as long as you can after your last oxy becaue around hour 36 which was the time I wrote my last post where I thought I would die was surely the truth and supposed ly you will be tired enough to sleep through the worse.

So if anyone reads this that is planning on cold turkey, thereis about a 12 hour window of totally pure hell but with immodium it would have made it alot better.

I also was taking the B6 which seemed to fight off the chilly goosebumps and the crawling of bugs that were eatign me feeling.

As I am writing this today I feel a million percent better. I still feel like I have a bad flu but next time someone tells me they have the flu I will think, must be nice(LOL) because compared to day 1 and day 2 I actually am looking forward to my life again.

I also was taking Alka Seltzer cold for the aches and bad headaches which I think I got mainly from vomiting. Sorry if I am sounding gross but there is no easy way to explain what I just went through.

I am still majorly weak and cannot walk too well, as I bump into walls etc.. (LOL) but it's never felt so good to bump into a wall!

Oh, one other thing I did take valium but I can swear those probably weren't that necssary as far as I could tell but who knows maybe they would have been if I would have been taking the immodium right away.

If I had to do it all over again on day 2 I would have said go the suboxone route but like I said I have read too many times that it's still difficult to get off that as well and this way I did it , it sucked but it was only 2 days that were the most excruciating and now I think I have also put a new perspective on my life(Knowing the pain I will never touch it) and also the main thing is I could care less if I was in a car wreck and had to be amputated, the most I want is Loritab..

The word OXY is not in my vocab any longer other than that cleaning fluid I buy for my wife which I will probably still shutter (LOL) next time she asks me to buy her a bottle!

Oh, I am not sure if I ever told anyone how much I was taking and sorry for being so long. I started with lortab for my neck pain, then percs then Doc wasnt going to give more than that so sent me to Pain Management to get my Oxycontin 100mg and Oxycodone(120mg)...never, ever again

Last edited by uscphil; 12-26-2009 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Was trying to edit and not double post but didnt see edit button