View Single Post
Old 12-25-2009, 11:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ChangeGonnaCome

Weed and food addictions

This is my first serious effort at quitting weed. Been smoking it for 25 yrs. On a daily basis for the last 2.5 years. The after work, before bed "relaxation" time - or if I feel super stressed after work, it is also the before dinner relaxation time. I get the munchies and eat all the wrong foods, don't do anything active to work it off, and I've packed on the pounds! I quit smoking cigs, cold turkey, 3 yrs., 8 months, and 25 days ago - and that contributed to quite a bit of weight gain also. I'm sure I did the replacement of addictions with the weed and food since my intake of both increased after I quit the cigs. I am so unhappy with my body, how my clothes feel/fit, my sluggish and lazy ways, my lack of motivation, my mood swings, emotional chaos, etc. I have enough for about 4 hits left and it will be gone within the next couple hours. I refuse to get more. This has to be it! It hasn't been enjoyable for some time now. It is just a way to pass the time and medicate myself into thinking everything is alright. I thought I'd start here in search of some moral support, advice, helpful hints, etc. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.