View Single Post
Old 12-25-2009, 01:10 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
thirtybubba
Owner of a strange glitch.

Funny, I haven't been following this thread, cause I'd never been diagnosed with hypoglycema... but then I never really went to the doctor much either.

But, although I only know I was apparently "undernourished" (school records) before I started drinking, I do know that my whole life I have eaten lots of little meals. And I would get shaky/dizzy/see "stars" and reach for something to prop me up if I was too hungry, and I was hungry fairly frequently. I figured something was different about me, 'cause most people get by on three large meals a day, but I never gave it much thought because I lived alone and could do as I pleased.

So, maybe I am? And I'll never know what caused it, but I am pleased to know that lots of little meals is a way to control it... 'cause I still eat like that.

Also, like Matt, I always actually liked healthy foods... anything processed would just leave me hungry even quicker. Although, I never considered them boring... lots of things you can do with fresh vegetables and meat and any exotic ingredients that I might find wherever I happened to live.

Hmmm. Learn something on a very lonesome Christmas day. Thank you all for all y'all answers. Sometimes you get answers for questions you never thought of asking here, that's why I love SR.

Take care,
TB

Last edited by thirtybubba; 12-25-2009 at 01:13 PM. Reason: adding 'cause there's more to comment on now :)