Old 12-25-2009, 09:57 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

Merry Christmas, secular peeps!

My roommate has been drinking again and since he went home for break he went to the doctor and got whatever that medication is that makes you not want to drink. I guess he was having for more trouble than I realized; I guess that explains how moody and easily ticked off he's been, among other things. From what he's said he's been drinking since the start of the semester (and hiding it pretty well, too). We didn't drink together one time for the first 6 months we were friends, we used to be good for each other, there was no pressure to drink or do drugs. All the pressure was to do better in school, we got pretty competitive about our grades since we had 3 or 4 classes together every semester. Somewhere in there it all went downhill and in about 6 months we went from not drinking much at all to drinking all the time and doing meth and coke and whatever else we could get our hands on. Hopefully we can get back to our positive friendship that we had before we drank all the time. Still though, I have a vague anxiety about it. The truth is we had a lot of fun when we were up to no good and I don't know what it will be like with both of us clean and sober. I don't know what he'll be like while he's getting back to normal.