Old 12-24-2009, 04:31 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

That's cool. Thanks, Tyler.

Well... my day was going to be awesome. I was going to go to my parents' house for Christmas dinner tonight, probably just stay there because snow was predicted then leave for the 20-ish hour drive to my grandmother's house Saturday morning. I woke up this morning to an ice storm, but it wasn't a horrible one so no worries. I started packing up, getting all my stuff together. I looked out the window about 2:00 to see a neighbor trying to get his car unstuck from about 6 inches of snow with a layer of ice underneath. He was double parked on a couple of cars and slid into one of them while trying to get out so he left his car there. I took some stuff down to my car and took the trash to the dumpster. The wind is kicking up like crazy and carrying snow and ice with it, so I ended up walking backward all the way across the parking lot to the dumpster because I couldn't keep my eyes open walking into the wind. I grabbed the rest of my stuff from my apartment and tried to drive my car out. No dice, it's crazy icy. So I called my parents and told them I couldn't drive in it. My dad told me not to worry about it, he'd put the tire chains on the truck and come get me. 45 minutes later I called him to find out if he was on his way. Nope. He slid into the ditch WITH CHAINS ON THE TIRES (unimaginable. He's one of the best bad-weather drivers I've ever seen). He was waiting for a tow truck to pull him out. Meanwhile another neighbor parked in the driveway that leads into the parking lot so no one can get in or out (not that a curb or lawn would normally keep my dad out of the parking lot, but he can't get here anyway). So my entire family is 3/4 mile away eating Christmas dinner without me. An FML moment if I ever had one.

It kinda makes me want a drink, honestly. But I can't even get out of the parking lot to get to the store so I guess that works out pretty well.