View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 02:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
c49
Its time for bed

Originally Posted by sunshinebaby View Post
I am scared of going to the doctors one day and finding out I have cancer from drinking this crap, in alcohol and coke zero, and I won't be here for my babies. I have decided that from Jan 1st I am going to cut it all out, no alcohol and no coke zero.
I believe Coke zero is sweetened with sucralose (splenda) which is 99% safer than the phenylalanine or aspartame used to sweeten diet coke. BUT if you want to cut it because of the caffeine then that is a wise decision also.

In all seriousness I would simply eliminate the alcohol first. Many of us have tried to simultaneously quit drinking - caffeine - and smoking. BUT those who quit one thing at a time have a better chance. I think its easy to relapse on both since your resolve to not drink alcohol is also being drained by not drinking coke zero.

Start by quitting alcohol only. Have your coke when you crave a drink. You may need a crutch when you feel an overwhelming need for a drink. Giving up alcohol makes the most positive difference for most of us... thats the biggest mess to clean - worry about the little stuff later.

FYI I quit drinking and smoking at the same time. I know its hypocritacal for me to post all of this but that is only because I got lucky to quit both... I don't recommend it and easily could have relapsed onto both!!