Old 12-23-2009, 07:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
MeAndOnlyMe

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi MeAndOnlyMe

Tapering never worked for me...it just prolonged the drinking.

I figure if you think you'll be that sick without tapering, a doctor is a great idea - and I hope you'll accept that small bit of advice in the spirit it was offered.

Welcome to SR
D
Yeah, I'm a wee bit concerned about that. I've abstained plenty of times in the past for up to a week and at worst have a rough night of sleeping or two. I'm reasonably sure that I'm not terribly physically addicted to ETOH - just psychologically. I think I'm mostly lazy about not drinking - it has always been easy (in every regard possible) to have booze on-hand and get to that place I want to be (night after night after night....). Then when I type something like that I feel like a bit of an ass as it seems so simple to call it laziness when posting to forums where many people are clearly stronger than myself.

With what I've read about some of the AA stuff and the 30-day, etc. tokens or coins people get - you know, I'd actually be pretty happy with myself to always have the newbie token and get 29 days, month after month. I don't need absolutes at this point of my understand of myself - I just need a mostly better me.