View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 02:19 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Stereosteveo
Nonexistent Willpower

Originally Posted by Dream2bClean View Post
so I am freaking out I can t lose this job!
Regardless of that...how did anyone you get your day 1?
Oh God Dream. A job is not going to fix you. I've heard many a story about highly successful people in the regards to a career etc. that decided they could not go on anymore. Even though on the outside they had everything to live for. Sad stories indeed. This is an internal condition. Nothing "out there" is going to make you whole.

I've never withdrawn from any chemical where things didn't get "really bad" on the 3rd day and so forth. Usually I would have such a high build-up that I could cope somewhat for the first day or 2 with the residual chemicals still in my system. Then I beagn to get "really dry"...Day 1 is a great leap. But if you have no clue how to get through 1 day, how will you get 2, 3, 4?

From your postings I get the impression you, like so many of us going in, have no clue of the degree of the depth of the situation. But what do I know? I know it can be very dangerous without a lot of help. You might need a controlled detox so to speak.

Maybe if you get the job they will help you immediately. I don't know. If I were you I would seek some kind of specialized professional advice on what to do and how to do it.