View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 07:15 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  
Goat
capra laeviculus

Hey, sorry I've not been on this thread much... Had parents out to visit last week

We did xmas with my kids and my parents yesterday! It was a blast! Alas, I had to drop off my kids with my ex last night... It's her year to have them on xmas day

Anyway, for xmas dinner, I bought one of those smoked spiral-cut hams. That sat in the oven for a while, and then half an hour before it was done I cut a pineapple into chunks, put two cups or so of the pineapple in a ziploc bag and crushed it, and then poured that into a saucepan with melting butter and a whole bunch (prolly 2 cups) of brown sugar. When that started to boil I poured it over the ham.... and put the rest of the pineapple in the bottom of the pan.

Along with that we had broccoli with cheese sauce (I don't even bother to buy broccoli unless my dad's in town.... he loves it... no one knows why). And sourdough bread... Always love that stuff.

OH! If you like making cookies, see if you can find the "taste of home" xmas issue. It's thick and costs about $10, but it's worth every penny.

I've made about 5 batches of the pecan sandies with chocolate fudge topping. They vanish.

-Goat