View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 03:13 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  
Asta1

English is probably like tier 1001. But most of the western world is taught it in schools, as a requirement. We Americans are somewhat vain to think that everyone should speak English where ever we go. I took 2 years of Russian in high school. Wonder what tier that is? It has a whole different alphabet -- not as bad as Arabic or Chinese but still different. There weren't many students in the classes so we got a lot of individual attention. Fond memories of that class.

Yeah Tytan, you left us hanging. What's the rest of your last sentence?

Mirage-I don't think I'd be as strong as you. If the beer was available I'd probably drink a few. Husb really doesn't have a problem with the concept of my drinking, but the excesses I've carried it to the past year have had him really worried. I started worrying too-- of course, a lot later than he did. We went on an Alaska cruise last May and had a blast. Drinks by the pool, wine with dinner, after dinner drinks at the shows. You didn't pay cash for anything -- they just added it to your tab, but you knew the price they were getting and that curtailed the consumption probably. Plus, we wanted to feel good enough to exercise around the deck and do some walking sight seeing.

Mirage-Were the ravioli's homemade???? What I wouldn't give for real homemade meat stuffed ravioli. It all sounds wonderful. I'm very jealous!