View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 08:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Dream2bClean
Scars,Souvineers we never lose

Reaching Out Now

I could use some support. I know that is what SR is about. O had back surgery a year ago and during that time I lost a job being able not to go back to work son enough. I have pregressed very badly with pain med addiction but mainly alcohol. 2 alcoholic parents 1 recovered. EVERYDAy for the last year I PROMOISE to quit aty least drinking which leads to worse things for me such as going to using my pain meds in the worst way.

I got a job the opther day, in this economy, in my field, I am so excited. I have so much anxiety b/c I have beenb sitting around drinking all day for the last 6 months have went to 3-5 interviews a week, just got a great offer with benefits WHICH IS UNHEARD OF NOW, as well as 401K and vacation and only 8K salaraly lewss then what I use to make which is also great these days.

I have a gome and a daughter and a super supportive husband but its not like I dont want to work or we have the money for me not to I love me career and the happiness it brings me equally to my fmailky. Regardless I am trying to not drink today but I am alsready very tempted.

Probably this early b.c they dont sell alcohol on Sundays in this state and I ran out mid afternoon yesterday so I have been sober (well without alcohol) since then but I am craving it like crazy right now, I want to be happy and my husband is supposed to get off work early today so we can go Christmas shopping for our daughter (we are way behind b/c of my job offer and just waiting for them to say the word for me to start after all the corporate BR check drug test etc.

(which I pray I pass and only have consumed meds that are prescribed for me but I dont know and that iss causeing me so much anxiety b/c they usually as you what med you are on and who they are prescribed by and they didnt so I dont know if I will pass or my life will continue to be unemployed which also caused me great depression.

I am tying not to drink today but I dont think I am going to make it