View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 07:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
myawakening
Seeking Serenity

Lotus2009...this could have been written by me. It made me cry reading it...it went right to my soul. Good for you for putting it all down. I agree with Barb though. Think before you give it to him. Once out there you can't take it back.

I do ask one thing though...what do you hope to accomplish by giving him this? Do you want to firmly state your intentions? Haven't you done this already...year after year? Do you hope to snap him into action and that he will be ready to go seek help? I'm sure ANYTHING you possibly could have done to wake him has already been done. It's on him.

Before you jump into the water with us...make sure you have a solid plan in place. Think it all the way though front to back and then do it again. You will need the strength of a solid plan to help you stick to it. If you feel the least bit wishy washy about your plan...I promise you...you will never stick to it. I speak from experience. I had been trying to leave my husband for years. After he broke the door down and pushed me around I thought I had my plan. I saw a lawyer and filed for divorce...but I didn't make it. My plan wasn't well thought out and I backed down. He walked all over me for years after that and threw it up in my face over and over again.

This time I was ready and had a very good plan in place. When the words came out of my mouth...I didn't look back. I'm separated almost 3 months. I have a legal separation in place and we have to wait one year before we can file for divorce. I live in a very stupid state...

Good luck and keep us posted on how your doing!