View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 06:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
tchappy

Hi,

I just wanted to tell you I know how you feel. My Addict has been gone now for 3 weeks since I changed the locks and made him leave. It has been hard to watch the major reality of him choosing the drug over me. I literally am watching him choose it over me.

BUT, I have learned that he really is not choosing it over me. He still loves me somewhere deep down inside. But, he is an adddict and is a prisoner of METH. It is sad to watch but I just take it one day at a time and have to tell myself everyday...multiple times a day that I am in a better place without him in my life. I also pray for him to find himself and LOVE himself someday. That is all we can do. I know it hurts deep to the core, but don't let it consume you. Try and find things in your daily life to be happy about and just realize that he is lost to his addiction and hopefully my addict and your addict will someday find their WAY home...it may not be our home but hopefully they find their way back to reality and to a drug free life.

Take care of yourself.
Tammy