Old 12-20-2009, 08:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Luckyv2
JUST DO IT!!

Smile

Originally Posted by minute View Post
How did you do it?
How did I do it? Stay sober? Well...

The first thing that I had to do, was to get away from all those people that I used to associate with. Notice, I didn't say drink with! I had to Change all of the people that I used to be with to people that were on a journey that I wanted to be on. That is my first and foremost thing that I had to do. I am not saying that there is anything wrong with those people, some of those people are now sober today also, yet I do not and I probably shouldn't hang with them even today. Why? Cause together, since we did associate ourselves together, it would probably, more than likely put me back into active Addiction and I don't want to go there.

I put myself back into Out-Patient Treatment. I knew I had a problem, I could NOT NOT STOP! I was hopeless, helpless, and yep I was pretty much homeless. I had used up all my resources. I was without anything. I had a car, that wasn't mine, I had my dog Chance, whom I still have today..(although he scared me yesterday again by running off), and I was living and sleeping in rest areas. My mind thought that the FEDS were out to get me. Well that could be true, LOL but I don't obsess with the thought today, nor am I scared enough to be running away.

I started going to meetings again. I still haven't talked a whole lot at meetings, cause I really don't have a lot to offer. I am there to be taught on how to live without having to escape. I am learning, but it is really hard.

I read the Big Book of AA

I don't drink or use today...even though some days my mind will tell me that it wasn't really that bad! LMAO how much worse could it get? DEAD! And that is where I will be if I go back.

I talk to someone, somehow everyday. Just like now, this is part of my recovery. Although I don't come here at SR as much as I used to. This place gave me the opportunity and the Gift of Recovery!

So there are a lot of things in which I do and have to do today.

Praying? LOL I have been so against God, that I finally had to surrender to God. IMO everyone really believes that there is something bigger than ourselves. But that is only my opinion.

So my friend Minute! We together can do this. Me alone can not.

Thanks for allowing me to share.