View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 12:19 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
thirtybubba
Owner of a strange glitch.

For what it's worth...

As a somewhat newcomer, I have to admit, I have always just plain old appreciated honesty in any post and especially in the replies I'm reading. If that honesty is not pleasant, well... neither are these dark nights that got me looking into recovery websites in the first place, right?

On the other hand, I gotta agree with the poster who mentioned that threats don't work. They truly don't--with me. I'm sure they might work on some.

'Everything will be alright' doesn't fly with me either--I'm nigh on thirty years old, and I've lived through too much to believe that either. My favorite posts are those of individuals who do their "100 days" or "1 year" type type posts, briefly explain where they were, and fully explain what they did and how it helped them to get where they are. This is what motivates and inspires me, personally. I realize I am not the only type of personality on this here board.

I believe, again, for what it's worth, that both messages need to be presented, side by side if you will--if only because there is no one kind of newcomer--and agree fully with MG... I happen to have stayed around, stubborn being that I am. I have noticed most people have not... sometimes all you get is one shot with a post-type forum. And there is always the lurkers...

But either way, all y'all with time and experience, I thank y'all for being here.

Take care,
TB