Thread: A year ago..
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 11:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
CrackQuack

Wow. That just reminds me of my first trip to the ER on crack cocaine. I had the classic case of too much blood in my crack system.. Not really.. I had over 12 grams of crack smoked in less than 8 hours. I couldn't sit still, yet if I moved, I got sick. I was almost dead. The IV's. OMgosh the IV's..That was I was awake and talking really well. In and out coherent, but could answer all of their questions. I am a fighter. I didn't learn from the first visit, nor the second. But I did wake up on what I thought would have been my 3rd time, if I had not stopped smoking when I did..
Drugs are dangerous, period. There are so many times when a person can do a drug for the first time, and it's literally their last. For those of us lucky enough to survive the first time, we get months and years of hell going after the chase. Those of us who got to live to get clean and tell the tale, we need to really count our blessings. We're here.
And we've found each other. What a blessing it truly is. Brings tears to my eyes to know you're still here, along with the rest of my friends at SR. And I am still here. And we can share stories of triumph, failure, love, sadness, hate.. All that.
But we're here. And during Christmas time, it makes it even more special to me.
Thank you so much for sharing Flutter. It brought up some good memories, some bad ones, and most of all, it's brings something positive. YOU!