View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 09:59 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  
Tytan

Day 39 and I really want to drink... but I won't.
My boss really pissed me off at the close of work today. She warned me that she was instructed to send me an email in regards to everything that went down about my paternity leave. The two month battle for approval. I thought this was over. I assume they want to finally get their last word in. Anyway, I guess I will be receiving the email Monday morning and my boss wanted to warn me so I wasn’t like “what the hell is this” next week. Erg… great… now I get to obsess about it all weekend. The weekend my family is away. I have a quiet house in which to stew.
The bad thing is I know what the email will say. There will be an apology (most likely) for the 30 days they sat on my request before denying it… but they will probably turn the rest around on me. Like when I asked for the denial reason, since my leave was protected under the Family Medical Leave Act… they refused to discuss it and even gave me false information about department regulations. They clearly were uninterested in engaging me further on the subject. But, of course I didn’t let up… what would you do? I’ve agreed to go to Pakistan next year (which will mean a Christmas without my family)… do you really think I would let up for legally protected leave to be with my family for a Christmas that coincides with the birth of my second child? Ridiculous.
Anyway… now I’m going to get this email on Monday that will more than likely be about “chain of command” issues. Hey, I have a chain of command issue… don’t deny employees their legal rights.
<deep breath>
Okay… I’m cool… I just thought I was done having to entertain this idiocy. I want to drink… but I won’t. I’m just going to drink coffee and stay up way to late watching “Dexter”… that should fulfill my “dark passenger”.