View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 10:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
TakingCharge999
A jug fills drop by drop

Hi Elsie, in the stickies somewhere it reads "turn off the volume, and you will see reality" so no matter how much peace you talk about, if you are not living it and creating a peaceful environment for yourself, it is not real, just "quacking".

It is like my country's money... it has less and less value because there is no gold backing it up. I guess when I got kids I will try my best to live the life I want for them. As they posted here "I changed no one with my words", you just see how someone lives their life and learn from that.

When I took theater lessons I talked too much lol and exaggerated... and the director would tell me I did not need to be so obvious. That a glance, a gesture, just FEELING something would be enough for the audience to get it...

I agree contentment and boundaries are hard to "fine tune" but if you got your goals clear it gets easier...

I know I want and need peace and silence.. if there is a noisy neighbor I will kindly ask him to be quiet.. if he doesn't care, I will put earlugs, shut the doors and play my own music or leave. There is no "well this one time I will accept it" no, I need to go for it...

Hope you can realize what is important for you and build boundaries/have them respected, a therapist helped me with that, I hope you can find one too.