Old 12-17-2009, 08:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sugah
Om, Aum, Ohm...

PSA: Let Us Help You -- Posting Etiquette

Hi, folks,

I don't often begin threads here, but a conversation I've had both in a thread and in private with another member has convinced me that this needs to be discussed.

Very often, new members post in a rush--long uninterrupted blocks of text that reflect the urgency and racing thoughts that go along with early recovery, or maybe while still drinking/using and seeking help. It's quite natural when that state of mind is expressed in that way. It's the way it feels, and there's so much to pour onto the screen!

Please, let it all out, but remember there are many middle-aged and older members here who would like to help, to offer experience, strength and hope, but who can't read without a little white space thrown in now and then.

So, if you will, please look at your text before you hit "submit new thread" or "post reply." If there are ten, twenty or more lines without a break in between, find a spot and break it up. Otherwise, many of us who might have something to offer will pass it on by because we just can't read text that densely packed together.

May you all have a blessed, clean & sober holiday -- no matter how you celebrate.

Peace & Love,
Sugah