Thread: Help
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 09:04 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
teke
grateful rca

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post

I, too, learned some valuable lessons. Unfortunatley, that relationship led to my own addiction,

I also think he senses the change in you, and he doesn't like it. He feels that this time is different (and that's a good sign...you're making progress) and he's trying, desperately, to reel you back in. IMO, he doesn't want to make everything all better...he's just saying what he thinks you want to hear, to keep you "handy"...at least that's MY experience.
unfortunately this relationship led to my addiction too. i guess i thought if i joined him in using that somehow i could understand and relate to him better. now THAT really was one of the dumbest moves i've ever made, i thought i was never gonna break free from my addiction.

i totally agree that he thinks he can tell me what he thinks i want to hear, but did he forget that he admitted to doing that after he got out of prison the last time? i think he thinks it must be cute or something. he actually admitted that he was using me while in prison one other time. yea i wrote letters and send money but i promised myself that i would write no more letters or send no more of the little money that i did have, to him. i promised myself that i would not be his comfortor or his connection to the outside world. (boundary that i didn't realize i had set for myself but gonna stick to). that maybe why i just don't care to write any kind of letter especially since he asked me to.

i was taught to be careful how i treat others because i'll never know when i may need that very person who i mistreat but i'm now learning that i have to be careful how i treat me first or allow others to treat me.