Thread: Hi to everyone
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 09:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Horselover

Welcome Stayinfree! I am glad you joined this site. I joined this site a year ago this past May and it has definitely been my lifeline more then once since then. I don't do AA, but I keep that card in my pocket if needed. So far this choice of recovery has worked for me. I post when I need help and BEFORE I give into an urge I tell on myself here. I've changed my evening routines and now I actually look forward to my coffee in the evening. Amazes even myself that one.

I drank every evening for many years. I was able to "function" if you want to call it that. I thought you had to hit this so called bottom before you were able to quit, but everyone's reasons are different and mine were the fact I was killing myself slowly and surely. I am a mom to a now 7 year old boy. I was able to care for him up until the husband came home and then it was my time. Ha! My time was pour the wine and ignore the rest of my life EVERY evening. I have drank since I was in high school and only stopped while I was pregnant. Miracle beyond miracle I have no permanent health damage, but I don't want to test fate and keep going until I do.

Just wanted to share this to let you know that if I could quit and stay sober AND start living again that you can too. We are not that different. Really and who is to say you have to keep going until you lose it all. Why not stop when we're ahead of the game.