Thread: Slumdog....
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 01:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
KeepPedaling

I don't know if it's worth it. I'm still on the fence about what to do. I keep reading what you write. All the questions you've said to ask myself about whether or not it's worth it. Honestly, right now, I'm not even thinking about my romantic relationship anymore. I'm thinking about the life of my friend. His mother died from drinking. If he goes down this road. He will die too. He's been sober and in school for almost two years, turning his life around. He's on winter break, drinking drinking drinking. Do I go get him? Do I try to help my friend if he's asking for it? Or do I save myself from more misery?

All those questions you asked, I think, "No, we won't make it as a couple. It won't work." But can I distance myself enough from the "in love" feelings so fast and enough to just be able to help him as a friend for a few weeks? And then, if he doesn't recover, can I let him go right away?

I still don't know what the right thing to do is. But I'm getting that book! I ordered it on Amazon.