Old 12-15-2009, 09:41 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

I hope the "Thanks" button is one of the features that's coming back!!!

Thanks Tyler, and congrats on your 8 months! That's wonderful. And thanks Zen.

I don't keep exact track either, it doesn't help me. But I remember because I had a lot of insanity last spring and summer and in the middle of all the insanity I fell off the wagon. A couple days later I went on a road trip just to get away from all the druggies I know, and met up with an old friend who has himself been off dope for 13 years.

Aside from SC he's become my support system through this. I've found it's important for me to have someone tell me I'm not a loser, because I'll start to feel like a loser because I want drugs and then I do drugs to get my mind off the fact that I feel like a loser. It basically becomes self-fulfilling. Tricky little mind game with myself there, and no matter what I end up losing the game. Is it Bam's tag line? The only winning move is not to play. So he reminds me I'm not a loser, I'm an addict and there's a distinct difference.

In a testament to what I can do when I'm not on drugs, I just got my grades back for the semester. Two A's, one B. I have a 3.8 cumulative GPA and best of all I'm off academic probation. That B was the hardest class I have ever taken. I feel pretty good tonight.