Old 12-15-2009, 02:31 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
skroomadoom

Neomarxist,

I know what you're saying on not being like other people and I get it. I guess it's just that I'm not yet completely convinced that I'm an alcoholic/addict yet. I'm in college and I get good (enough) grades. I have a job and I'm doing fine moneywise (could always use a bit more, but who couldn't right?). I have friends, a loving family, etc. I've gotten in trouble a few times for drinking/drugs (had to change high schools, been arrested, etc) but I've never really had any SERIOUS consequences as of yet.

I feel like the fact that I haven't really been burned yet by drugs and alcohol is weakening my resolve. I've seen a few friends go down the path with opiates and really **** their lives up irreversibly and I don't want that to be me, but since it hasn't happened yet it's easier to convince myself that I don't really have a problem and that it won't happen to me you know? The thing is I really don't want to have to **** up my life to stop. I'd rather nip the problem in the bud right now so I don't ever have to go down that path. It's just that, if I'm being completely honest, I'm not sure I'm quite done with drinking/drugs just yet -- although I wish I could be...