View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 11:08 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Astro
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by mtnmagic View Post
My name is Marie and I am an alcoholic.

That was with the help of AA every single day.

Funny thing, through these years I come here almost daily. I just read and hope and then do nothing to help myself.

I would like to help myself stay sober.

I can't describe the fear, anxiety and pain in my life, yet I know that many of you know exactly how I feel.

So I will reach out one more time. I will go to a meeting tomorrow.

There is no horrible consequences as a result of my drinking except to myself.
I'm not in the trouble with the law. I still have my job, though I don't know how. Financially is not good, but I can make ammends as I have to.

I can't stand the emotional pain anymore of drinking. It really boils down to that. I would kill myself except for the pain it would cause my two sons. So
it is time to be humble and ask for help. Please help. You don't have to be nice, just help guide me to a sober life. I am willing.
Nice to see you back Marie. My name is Scott and I'm an alcoholic. I joined SR the month before you did, I've been sober since 2005 and I owe every second of my life in recovery to AA and the 12 Steps.

I was a loving husband and father to two kids, and I cruised along for many years without any consequences. It felt like I lost everything overnight, please don't tell yourself that it can't happen to you. I never believed my life would fall apart so quickly. I can tell you however that I've got a much better life now than I thought was possible. But to get where I'm at today, I knew I could never take a drink again.

You don't need our guidance, you know what to do and you know we'll always be here to support you. If you read and do nothing, you'll keep getting what you're getting. Go to that meeting, reach out, get phone numbers, get a sponsor, take action.

Guaranteed to work or AA will gladly refund your misery