Old 12-15-2009, 10:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Dream2bClean
Scars,Souvineers we never lose

I want to meet some acrtive AA members in Atlanta

I have not been to AA in many many years, but I HAVE TO GO BACK this is not a choice anymore it is a necessity. Even with NA & AA in the past I only got to 30 days 4 times and then I was clean 8.5 months while pregnant DIDNT TOUCH A THING.
I am basically looking for some AA regulars here in the Atlanta, East Cobb area, to let me know of good meetings...I am a 33 year old female with a great husband, happy marriage, 3 year old daughter, I dont usually connect with other woman as well as I do with guys, that is why it was so hard my first couple times around to find a sponser and I only had 1 for about a week then I gave up b/c she sounded great was an old timer and I would call her and she wouls say she wasnt sure she was in the right place to sponsor someone at that time, and as I am also not a big phone person as much as I can go on for days on email.

She also wasnt a big talker so it was a lot of iuncomfortable silence when I did take an hour prepping to make the call I would call and then about 5 minutes later of mainly silence the call was over. I have not worked for a year (not using related just random surgery causing me to lose my job and then the economy so not bieng able to find a job in my tiny highly competetive industry in all this time which has left me emptionally broken and stressed about losing our home, and leaving me with a lot of time for my disease to progress to the point I crossed a line I never thought I would.

I and have been on the needle (althugh I never thouch it until alcohol is in my system and I dont care anymore so I think or know that is my main problem) for a few months and stopped yesterday and did it again this morning, in one of those sub conscious overdrive modes. I really dont know how it happened, this is why I know to make it out alive this time I need NA and I need some connections and this help or I wont go without being 150% prepared like knowing if its a good meeting (I know for me right now any meeting would be good) I am just trying to meet some people to maybe give me some local advice, and well I am sure you know. This is a great site and I would appreciate meeting people on here that live in my are that are active in AA to help me get there. I know I will only walk through those doors but I also need help!
Thank you...hope to get to know some Atlantans!
Christine