View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 09:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Katie, you know I have been where you are, and my heart goes out to you today.

You ARE doing the right thing, sweetie, and buying him something to eat was also a nice thing to do.

If he needs clothes, the Salvation Army will provide him with coat, shoes, boots, gloves or whatever basics he needs. There are detox's that will help him when he is ready. There are special soup kitchens that will feed him, especially this time of year, and he can go to any hospital and get treated for his injuries (this is one are I am grateful Canada provides for free). There are meetings every day, and rehabs that will find him space if he goes to Detox first.

My point is, there IS help out there for him, when he is ready to reach out.

If he is like my son, it may just take living like he is living to motivate him to go, to reach out and surrender.

We have no guarantees, I can't tell you what his future holds, I can't tell you what it holds for us either. But there is much better help out there for him and my son too, than you or I could ever give.

And there is always hope, Katie, if you doubt that just read a few forums up and you will see people who are reaching out today and others who reached out a long time ago, and who have found a better path. I read those forums sometimes just to rekindle my flame of hope.

This is our hardest time of year, I think. What helps me most is to give my son to God's care and just keep praying. Your son is in my prayers too, Katie, and he may be closer to reaching out than you think.

Hugs from my heart to yours