View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 07:13 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
KeepPedaling

Originally Posted by IPT View Post
KP - I only wish I would have left at 6 months. It would have saved me a lot of pain, stress, and got me to the much happier place I am now faster. NC was essential for me to be able to stay away. The draw to go back was so powerful whether because of her manipualtion or something inside of me or both. Have you read the book "getting past your relationship" by Susan Elliott? I got a lot out of it. Also she has a site www.GPYP online with some good short writtings that really seemed to apply to what I/we went/are going thru. Hang tough.
I haven't read the book, but if you think it will help I will. I'll see if they have an audio book version tonight for my iPhone. I feel like if I showered him with love he would be happy and stop. I'm so upset right now. I've been crying and crying. I didn't get enough sleep last night, so I'm sure that's not helping. It's so sad. When he's sober, he really is the sweetest guy. We had 5 months together sober. I don't understand why he's doing this. It's awful watching him ruin himself. I miss him. I don't who he is now.