View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 06:45 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

I have been sober a little over 3 years now, this will be my 4th holidays sober.

My first one was a little bit tempting a few times, but I really did nt go to any PARTIES that year. By the time my second holiday season rolled around I had finished the steps and was applying them on a daily basis, the obsession to drink had been lifted for me for a while and I was not tempted a single time.

I was at one of my daughters wedding receptions throwing darts with some folks and one guy said "Excuse me, can I get at the beer?" It was then I realized I was sitting/leaning against the beer keg!!! LOL

For several years now I could care less if some one asks if I am drinking or do I want a drink, I simply say "No thanks I quit." If pushed for an explanation which has been very rare, I simply say "I am an alcoholic, so I no longer drink." This answer either shuts them up or leads to questions about how I quit.

I go where I want when I want, I do not go to bars nor to keggers, the soul purpose of both is to drink.