View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 03:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

Thanks for the posts people.

With my recovery I try to be very open and honest about what I am feeling/thinking, both on SR and at AA. This openess and honesty is the only way for me personally and I find it to be very therapeutic. Only by hitting the bad times and coming through them without picking up a drink will you be able to appreciate the good-times. And it's oh so worth it!! One Day At A Time.

Sara19 my only advice to you is that you have to want sobriety more than getting F*cked up, untill you reach that point then you will continue going down the same path.
Recovery from alcohol/drug addiction is not easy, that's why the majority of people go back to drinking/drugging. That is easy, anyone can get to a rough patch and choose to chuck a can of booze down their neck or put a line up their nose. Too easy.

If you are feeling like that then all more booze/drugs is gonna do is keep you locked in that cycle. Your gonna have to overcome the pain/fear by not pickingup/using. That cannot be an option to you anymore if you truly are done with drink/drugs.
The help is out there if you want it, but you've gotta want it.

Thankyou SR for being there for me and I'm glad my posts have been positive again of late!! LOL.
ps- Thanks Jazzz 'onwards and upwards'

Peace and love xxx