View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 12:04 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  
Asta1

VC, RE: financial aid. I'll bet you can find something - grants, loans. I remember when my daughter was in school, she didn't think she qualified for any aid, but then she started researching. There are a LOT of programs out there that are not based on need. You might even qualify for those that are based on need. Especially with your academic record, I'll bet there are things out there. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of corporate & non-profit scholarships available. If you haven't already done so, be sure to speak to the financial counselors there. Then I would do some serious internet research. Even if you only get funding one year at a time, what the hey?

Mirage, you described exactly what happened to me. I was alone, figured no harm, no foul. WRONG. I think a lot of alcoholics prefer to drink alone because then no one can see how much we actually consume. I think that's the case with me anyway. I hope you have more resolve than me.

We're going to see Blind Faith this afternoon & then do some shopping. I'll try to check in later & see what's going on. I finally speak like smiling again.